Improve your Company’s Cybersecurity
Phishing emails are one of the initial attack vectors in most cyberattacks. It is important to create an effective defense against the weakest part of your security strategy. Organizations can put a stop to cyberattacks with these three cybersecurity solutions.
Duo’s access security is designed to safeguard all users and devices with two-factor authentication for SMB’s and enterprise organizations. According to Verizon’s 2020 Data Breach Investigations Report, more than 80% of data breaches involve brute force attacks or the use of lost or stolen credentials. Two-factor authentication (2-FA) is a type of multi-factor authentication that strengthens security through two methods to verify your identity. Duo’s 2-FA protects your organization against phishing, social engineering, and password brute-force attacks. It also secures your logins from attackers exploiting weak credentials. Two-factor authentication is essential because it is the basic component of the zero-trust security model.
Protect your business from malware and spam, as well as advanced threats like ransomware and targeted spear phishing with Barracuda Networks. Barracuda keeps your data safe with encryption and data leak prevention.
Email security needs to adapt to the evolving threats. With 91% of cyberattacks starting with a phishing email, your organization needs to protect your data. Barracuda ensures continuous email availability through its security gateway and prevents network threats with its filtering service. All your data is protected by encryption so your organization can focus on productivity and seamless workflows across fixed and mobile devices.
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training
Security awareness training reduces malware and ransomware infections as well as data loss. Users have security top of mind which increases productivity in your organization. In a Forrester case study of KnowBe4’s Security Awareness program, organizations received a 276% ROI with less than three months payback. KnowBe4’s program includes training and testing your employees using the most current cyber scenarios. This will enable your organization to build strong human shields against cybercrime.
What Keeps You up at Night?
KnowBe4’s research found that most executives are concerned about negligent users and their impact on the organization when there are phishing emails and other cyber threats.
According to Trend Micro and Osterman Research, 84% of organizations have experienced a ransomware attack and phishing-related security incidents in the last year. We all know that ransomware is a huge problem. Part of the problem is the ease of access to sophisticated ransomware technology which we cannot do anything about. The other part, we can do something about – organizations that are not successful in stopping cyberattacks because their users are not educated on security.
The Trend Micro report goes on to highlight the percentage of organizations that have experienced security incidents. The top three security events are:
• A phishing email that has resulted in a malware infection (49%)
• A business email compromise (BEC) attack that was successful in tricking at least one employee within a company (53% of organizations)
• A phishing email that has resulted in an account compromised (47%)
KnowBe4’s research has shown that over 30% of employees within an organization fail a phishing test. KnowBe4’s program is continual education of the user, keeping them updated on the latest cyberattacks, methods, social engineering attacks, and their role in the company’s security. KnowBe4 reports that their education can reduce the 30% plus of employees failing a phishing test down to just 4.7% of employees.
Benefits of KnowBe4’s Security Awareness Training
• Reduction in risk exposure through a stronger cybersecurity defense – valued at $432,346 over 3 years. The interviewee’s organization was successful in creating a human firewall by implementing KnowBe4’s program.
• Increased collaboration between users and IT. This reduced IT help desk tickets and the need for IT remediation work.
• Stronger security defense helps avoid cost increases in cyber insurance.
• Instill knowledge and confidence in your users to recognize security threats, how to respond to them and escalate the threat.
• Users will be mindful of security best practices relating to your company’s technology, email, websites, and social media.
• Give your clients trust and confidence in your business.
According to Gartner, “people play an undeniable role in an organization’s overall security and risk posture.” You have read the value of Security Awareness Training. Ready to start?
Find out more about these cybersecurity solutions at 416-874-0550.
We do I.T right!
Request a Free I.T Assessment today! Call us at 416-874-0550